Step Show 2014
All groups participating must read the STEP SHOW POLICIES before registering for this event.
Please download a current copy of the polices for your team and for your records.
2014 Homecoming Spirit Challenge
This year’s Homecoming theme is "Where Your Story Begins!”. The Overall Spirit Challenge winners will be announced on Saturday, October 4th during the half-time show at the football game while window painting winners will be announced during the Pep Rally on Friday, October 3rd.
1. Each event will be individually judged. Results of each event will be tallied to determine the overall winners.
2. There will be three categories including: Men, Women, and Coed. In each competition there will be a first and second place winner per category and then an overall homecoming winner.
3. All team members must be currently enrolled students (this includes graduate students) at UNA. ANY ENROLLED STUDENTS CAN FORM A TEAM and do not have to be members of an RSO.
4. Teams must be submitted before September 10th.
5. Homecoming Court nominations are due September 10., by 4:30pm. Fill out form HERE.
6. Homecoming Court Interviews will be September 12 - September 19.
GUC Window Painting Points will be distributed as follows:
Pep-rally Event Points will be as distributed as follows:
Parade Float Event Points will be distributed as follows:
Wednesday, August 27
• Homecoming information meeting for prospective competitors. 5pm GUC 207.
Wednesday, September 10th
• Homecoming form due online
• Homecoming Court Nomination forms must be submitted by 4:30 pm (available HERE)
Wednesday, September 10th • Mandatory Team Captains Meeting, 5 p.m., GUC 207. Monday-Thursday, September 22-24th
Homecoming Elections Go to www.una.edu/sga to vote!
Thursday, September 25th
• Homecoming Court results will be announced via email.
Friday, September 26th Homecoming Court must meet with Lisa Darnell in Com Building 120C at Noon Monday, September 29
• Window Painting Competition
Friday, October 3rd
• Pep Rally Competition, 9pm
Saturday, October 4th
• Homecoming Parade Float Competition
2014 Homecoming Contact Information
• Student events & parade– Office of Student Engagement, 765-4248
University Center Window Painting Contest
The window painting event is designed to for a competition in artistic ability coupled with school spirit. Teams will paint their assigned window in the front of the GUC using their own design and interpretation of the Homecoming theme. Creativity, use of theme, and artistic appeal are the judging factors and are encouraged. Rules and Guidelines are listed below.
1. Each team will be assigned a window panel on the front side of the GUC on which to prepare their entry. Windows will be assigned at the first mandatory captains meeting.
Pep Rally Competition
The competing teams will show spirit throughout the Pep Rally. Each team will be able to do their chant at the end of the pep rally. The teams will be graded by creativity, use of theme, and overall spirit.
1. The Pep Rally will begin at 9:00 p.m. on Astroturf Football Field. All teams are asked to be there to show your spirit. Groups must be in place by 8:30 p.m.
5. Any number of team members can participate.
** The winner of the Pep Rally will be announced during Half-time Saturday.**
**The winners of Window Painting will be Announced at the End of the Pep Rally**
Homecoming Parade Float Competition
1. The parade will begin on Irvine Street at 11:00 a.m. Groups must be lined up by 10:30 a.m. on Pine Street
3. Floats may not be pulled by semi-tractor-trailers.
9. Each entry is required to have a parade permit. These permits will be obtained by the UPC Spirit Chair and distributed to Team Captains prior to the Parade. It is the organization’s responsibility to display the permit on their entry. NO PERMIT=NO ENTRY IN THE PARADE.
Any organization that does not meet the deadline to sign-up for the Parade Float Competition, but wants to be represented in the parade must register their float through Alumni Relations.
10. Organizations may begin working on floats when they choose.
The SGA University Program Council challenges each group to coordinate their competition pieces with dignity and UNA SPIRIT in mind. Good Luck & ROAR Lions!
The SGA University Program Council is the programming branch of the UNA Student Government Association.
What We Are Seeking:
Before completeing this application, please read through the SGA Code of Laws (specifically Title V regarding membership of the University Program Council).
Requirements as a UPC Voting Delegate: