Residence Hall Application
Please fill out documents completely. Incomplete applications cannot be processed.
- Documents needed are the Residence Hall Application & Residence Hall Contract.
- Be sure to include the $100 application fee. Make check or money order payable to UNA. (This is for students who have not lived on campus the previous semester).
- If paying by credit card, download a Credit Card Authorization Form.
- Note: Applications with specific room preferences should be received as quickly as possible to better assess space availability.
- The Residence Hall Contract is a legally binding contract which is effective the day that it is processed in the Department of Residence Life.
- Before being assigned a bed space, students must be admitted to the University of North Alabama.
- The Department of Residence Life must receive the application, contract, and application fee before an assignment will be made.
- Be sure to complete application in its entirety on both sides.
- Fill out all information including personal information and preferences.
- A completed application will assist in making roommate assignments.
- An academic year includes fall and spring semesters (August-May).
- Applications for Hawthorne, Covington, Appleby East, and Appleby West must be 12-month housing contracts (August-July) and limited to upper-class students only.
- Any change to the application must be requested in writing (a message sent from your UNA assigned email is sufficient) and signed by the student (if student is 19 years or older). Please include your UNA student ID number.
Rice, Rivers, LaGrange, Lafayette:
Applicants for double-as-single occupancy rooms that need special accommodations must submit medical documentation supporting their needs. Please make sure you read the information carefully and adhere to the timeline requirements.
Mutual roommates should apply at same time as this aids in the assignment process.
If you are interested in staying in the residence halls during the summer, you must fill out a residence hall application and contract specifying the summer term.
All summer residents MUST be enrolled in summer classes for each term they wish to live in the residence halls. Summer residents do not have to purchase a meal plan.